In this short blog post, I want to outline a couple of minor issues I encountered during
my upgrade. Note that I skipped
v0.17 altogether, some of these changes might
have happened in that release.
The biggest change I encountered is how Istio is installed for Knative. In
previous releases, I simply pointed to the yaml files in the latest Istio
third_party folder of Knative Serving.
I updated my install-istio instructions in my Knative Tutorial to take this into account.
Knative Eventing v0.18.1
When I first installed Knative Eventing
v0.18.0, I encountered a weird error
where I couldn’t inject Broker into the namespace and create triggers. Turns
out, there was a bug in
Knative that caused eventing webhook to get into an infinite crash loop.
The team released Knative Eventing
v0.18.1 to fix the issue and I updated my
to use separate versions for Knative Serving and Eventing as a result.
Therefore, it’s important that you use
v0.18.1 onwards for Knative Eventing.
That’s it. The rest of my setup and tutorial steps worked fine.